Saturday, April 17, 2010

in the beginning

Well, here I go. . .

New chapter in my life.  New blog all together.

This time around I'm just looking for some sort of creative outlet.  I gave birth to a darling little girl last November (my first), and since then have been faced with a creative identity crisis.

Before that time I was struggling as an actor in New York.  My days were comprised of acting classes, auditions, vocal and guitar lessons, extra work on tv and film, performances off-off-off. . .so very off Broadway that you'd get a nosebleed. But it was worth it.  It was exhilarating and very fulfilling.  I also was temping as an office assistant to make a few extra bucks when I wasn't doing anything acting related.

I do plan on getting back to it eventually.  Everything now must be put on hold and almost six months into being a new mom, I find myself itching to do something creative with myself.  Something more than loads of laundry, and changing diapers, making baby food and playing with the wee one. And something that can fit into the craziness of my current life as is.

Two publications (both of which I highly recommend) brought me to the conclusion that I should at least start blogging again.  And not just a plain text-only journal of my everyday life like I've attempted in the past.  But something hopefully with more of an artistic edge, if I can help it.


1.) Blogging for Bliss: Crafting Your Own Online Journal: A Guide for Crafters, Artists & Creatives of all Kinds by Tara Frey.  Her blog can be found at http://www.tarafrey.com/

2.) The magazine: "Artful Blogging: Visually Inspiring Online Journals" put out by Stampington and Company.


So here I am. 

I'm not sure what these future posts may include. . .probably a bit of this and that.  Some arts and crafts, some photography, maybe I can dig up some of my poetry from years past even.  Who knows. 


Consider it an ever changing work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails