Sunday, April 25, 2010

time to make the birthday card

I finally had a brief moment to make a whirlwind mess of my desk for a creative reason.  A friend was having her 30th birthday party and I wanted to make her a card from scratch.


I also bought an embossing tool recently and am now always looking for reasons to use it.  I ended up embossing the gold powdered happy birthday stamp on vellum, so you could see the purple paper through underneath in the card's front window.

It turned out pretty well.  What do you think?

(Stamping is pretty new crafting skill for me.  I did use the stamps I have to make a slew of Valentines this year for the little kids in my family.  I forgot to take pics of them though and they turned out really well.  *sigh*)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails