Monday, April 18, 2011

nutty chocolate matzo crunch recipe

As it has come to my attention it is Passover, I thought to share a recipe I brought with me to a friend's seder  a year or so ago: Nutty Chocolate Matzo Crunch.



The recipe was one I found here on Martha Stewart's website.  

Since it was for a large amount of people I basically used the entire box of matzo - which, if you break it up into smaller pieces after the recipe is done -  makes one helluva lot!  I also added some toffee bits as well.

Ingredients

  • 2 6-by-6-inch matzos
  • 4 ounces milk chocolate, melted
  • 1/2 cup Marcona almonds or salted cashews, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel or coarse sea salt

Directions

  1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and top with a wire rack. Place matzos on top of rack. Drizzle chocolate over matzos until almost covered. Immediately sprinkle evenly with chopped nuts and salt. Transfer to refrigerator and chill until set, about 15 minutes. Break into pieces. If chocolate softens, return to refrigerator until set. Matzo crunch is best eaten the day it is made.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails