Monday, June 6, 2011

macaroons . . my weakness

Okay, let's be honest. Really any sort of sweet - especially any of the baked variety has and always will be my weakness.

But there is something about macaroons that gets me all giddy and warm and fuzzy inside.  Maybe it's their light, airy quality.  Perhaps the many delicious flavors of the ones I've tasted through the years.  I don't know exactly.  But if I see one.  I must try it!



I remember when my friend Deb and I were in Cape Cod and we discovered this delicious French Boulangerie.  Stood for an hour ( maybe more, I forget) for their fresh baked goods.  The packet of macaroons I got from them were divine.  I still dream about them.

Now, I am a bar/drop cookie kind of gal when it comes to my personal baking. Macaroons seem to need a little more time, and finesse.  I've been wanting to try some - and now, the urge to do so has increased when I stumbled upon this book in my shopping travels:


An entire book devoted to the cookie of my dreams!  And I've already spotted a few recipes I must try:




Unfortunately, my trial run at making these cookies will have to wait until after this latest princess basket order is done!  But when it is . .mmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails