This time around, I am attempting to make a set of faerie wings for the birthday girl. Here is my progress so far:
Things I've learned so far:
- it is not easy to find white knee high socks.
- remember next time to not buy them with re-inforced toes, just sandalfoot or sheer toes.
- regardless of gauge of wire, using the knee highs will squish/shrink the inital shape you fashion. Perhaps try to find another type of material to use.
- try not to glop on the paint, if you want to make the wings still semi transparent and airy. Using a natural sponge to daub on paint, then run it in the sock material with your fingers.
- wear rubber gloves when painting.
- duct tape the end of the wings, so as not to puncture the sock
- buy a value pack of knee highs, because you will put a run through one of them eventually, no matter how careful you are!