Sunday, November 18, 2012

first sewing machine project - baby's halloween costume

Halloween this year was thrown off by Hurricane Sandy ( because of which we lost power, relocated to another state to stay with relatives and pretty much missed the rescheduled holiday in our area and where we were staying too.)

But prior to that, I finally decided to bite the bullet and really learn how to use my sewing machine (that has been sitting dusty and unused for a few years)for once.  My daughter's wish to be a baby giraffe for Halloween finally sealed the deal.

But where to find a giraffe costume pattern?  I decided to modify this:



It really was a monkey/lamb pattern, but I figured I could modify the ears, tail of the pattern and tweak the hood and I could make it work somehow.  I was quite pleased with the final result.

Here is what I came up with:



And here is what my daughter looked like after she got it on.



Even though she didn't wear it, we did get to wear the costume at The Bronx Zoo's Boo at the Zoo weekend event.  Here is the giraffe with her friends (our neighbors -  a set of twins who were Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf)
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails