Saturday, June 8, 2013

tardis messenger bag - work in progress - part 3

So the work on the TARDIS messenger bag continues . . .

The initial pattern for the bag is fairly simple - but in the spirit of the actual TARDIS being bigger on the inside -  I am determined to create more space for the bag's owner.  (Alas, this is a gift - I need to make another one for myself soon!)  So I went and added a couple of pockets.

My favorite additions I decided to embellish the pockets with some familiar signs.



I found the images of the two signs on the internet and then printed them on iron on transfers.  I ironed them onto some white fabric then I stitched it to the pocket.

I created a similar pocket on the back of the bag.  As of yet it is unadorned, though I am toying with the idea of putting the recipient's name in Gallifreyan.

Or, I could also put "Sexy" in Gallifreyan (as per the episode "The Doctor's Wife").



Another little detail which I love is that I chose this great outer space cloth to use as the bag's lining.



Quite appropriate, I believe.

For you non-Whovians who didn't watch the video: 
TARDIS = Time And Relative Dimension In Space


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails