Saturday, June 8, 2013

tardis messenger bag - work in progress - part 2

Once the hand embroidery of the Police Box sign was finally completed, (that took a very very long time!) the next task at hand was to make the front flap of the bag look more like the TARDIS by creating some windows from scratch.


I cut some squares of white fabric I had in my stash and used some interfacing ( how I love that iron on interfacing!)  I then used some scraps of my blue denim to make a few rectangles and used them to construct a window frame around my white squares.

Since I was flying by the seat of my pants and creating everything as I went, it took me quite a while to figure out how it would all look.


But once I finished one window, the other wasn't too hard to construct.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails