Friday, November 8, 2013

cornetto trilogy felt magnets

Remember those felt puppets and the Harry Potter felt magnets I made some time ago?

Well to commemorate and thank the creators of some of my favorite movies: The Cornetto Trilogy -  I decided to make a few more.




My goal: to create the two leading actors (Simon Pegg & Nick Frost) and their characters in each film in felt.

So you start off with a template:


Then focus on those details.

Shaun of the Dead




Hot Fuzz





Add a little blood (red acrylic paint) on those four little guys.


Finally -  The World's End.  You'll see I even added a mini version of the director of all three films: Edgar Wright.




And I added a swan for the Hot Fuzz duo . . that's a reference you may not get unless you watch the film. :)


I had the great pleasure of attending an advanced screening and Q&A (With Simon, Nick and Edgar) for The World's End.  Was fabulous.

A very kind person at Focus Features was able to pass the magnets on to the guys.

And, well . . . they definitely received them!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails