With the dress, there came the black denim motorcycle style jacket.
The pattern I used for the jacket was the one I mentioned in part one of this series of posts.
It's not screen accurate, but it will have to do, until I can find another pattern that I like better.
These one seems good:
I've never made a jacket before. But I think it turned out better than expected. Though the sleeves were the toughest for me ( as sleeves seem to be), especially because these were gathered.
I didn't particularly like the result. The tops of the sleeves were a bit too puffy for my taste. I'm not sure, but it might have been the way I sewed them in.
I believe I also took in the sleeves to taper them down towards the wrist.
I think I may have to revisit this jacket soon, after my machine is looked at.
Note, of course AFTER I completed the jacket, I was able to find a pre-made alternate at Target.
Isn't that always the way.
There were a few more on the site, so scan the women's blazers and jackets section to see if anything strikes your fancy.